Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if a cassette tape will not play, fast-forward or rewind.
- Press the STOP button on the player.
- Remove the tape from the cassette compartment.
- Turn the cassette reel using a pencil to reduce any tape slack [FIG. 1] .
- Reinsert the tape into the cassette compartment on the player.
- Attempt to play, fast-forward or rewind the tape.
- If the unit is running on batteries, ensure fresh or rechargeable batteries are installed or fully charged.
- Clean the tape player head and drive mechanism.
- If the tape still does not perform properly, then attempt to play it on a different player or cassette deck.
- Test the player using a different tape.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. If the tape is stuck in the cassette compartment, do not use force when attempting to remove. Forcibly removing the tape may cause unnecessary damage to the product. If the tape is stuck, service will be required .
NOTE: Refer to the instruction manual for proper cleaning procedures.
NOTE: If the tape will not play in other cassette players or decks, then the tape is faulty.
If the player will not play any other tapes, then service will be required.