Follow the procedure below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
IMPORTANT: If an error message or icon is displayed in relation to this issue, consult the instruction manual of the camera for specific troubleshooting information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure a fresh or fully charged battery is inserted properly in the camera.
- Turn on the camera.
- If the camera has a mode dial, ensure it is set to the appropriate position for taking a picture.
- Ensure the recording media is inserted properly in the camera.
- When using a CD Mavica® digital camera, an unfinalized CDR disc should be used.
- When using a Mavica® Floppy Disk digital camera, the write-protect tab on the floppy disk must be in the off position.
- When using a Cyber-shot® camera, the lock switch on the Memory Stick® media should be in the unlocked position.
- Aim the camera at the subject.
- Press the shutter button down halfway.
NOTE: Pressing the shutter button down halfway allows the camera to focus automatically. A flashing green indicator will be visible in the LCD and viewfinder. When the indicator stops flashing, focusing is finished and the camera is ready to take the picture.
- Press the shutter button all the way down to take the picture.
- If the camera still does not take pictures, reset the camera back to factory settings.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.