Follow the procedure below to restore the missing SONYPVU1.SYS file.
- The SONYPVU1.SYS file was provided to Microsoft to be bundled with the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system. If this file is missing from a computer with an OEM version of the operating system, then the PC manufacturer should be consulted to obtain a copy of this file.
- This information applies only to computers using the operating systems listed below this article in the Applicable Products and Categories section.
- On the computer, click the Start button and then click Run.
- In the Run window, next to Open, type msconfig.
- Click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the General tab.
- On the General tab, click the Expand File button.
- In the Expand One File from Installation Source window, next to File to Restore, type sonypvu1.sys.
- Next to Restore from, type C:\Windows\I386\driver.cab.
- Next to Save file in, type C:\Windows\system32.
- Click the Expand button.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration dialog box, click the Restart button.
NOTE: The computer will restart.
- Connect the USB cable from the camera to the USB port on the computer.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.