Follow this procedure if the Audio/Video (A/V) receiver will not output the sound when playing a Compact Disc (CD).
- Verify which input jack on the A/V receiver the CD player is connected to.
- Ensure that the A/V receiver has been switched to the appropriate input.
IMPORTANT: If a CD/DVD combination player is being used to play the CD, then the DVD input may need to be selected instead of the CD input; depending on which input jack it has been connected.
- Increase the volume level.
- If the issue is not resolved, replace the audio cable between the CD player and A/V receiver.
- Connect the CD player to a different input on the receiver.
NOTE: Do not connect the CD player to the PHONO input jack. Connecting to the PHONO jack may cause low or no audio from the connected equipment.
- Change the input on the AV receiver to match the connection change.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.