Follow this procedure if the Audio/Video (A/V) receiver will not output the sound when playing a Compact Disc (CD).
- Verify which input jack on the A/V receiver the CD player is connected to.
- Ensure that the A/V receiver has been switched to the appropriate input.
IMPORTANT: If a CD/DVD combination player is being used to play the CD, then the DVD input may need to be selected instead of the CD input; depending on which input jack it has been connected.
- Increase the volume level.
- If the issue is not resolved, replace the audio cable between the CD player and A/V receiver.
- Connect the CD player to a different input on the receiver.
NOTE: Do not connect the CD player to the PHONO input jack. Connecting to the PHONO jack may cause low or no audio from the connected equipment.
- Change the input on the AV receiver to match the connection change.
If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.