Error: Cannot determine partition settings
Follow this procedure to resolve the error.
- Turn the computer off.
- Remove all third-party peripherals.
- Remove all removable media.
- Reset the computers BIOS to the default values.
- Restart the recovery procedure.
- Verify the hard drive is detected in BIOS. If the hard drive is not recognized in BIOS, the hard disk drive is the cause of the error.
- If using recovery media, only the recovery media should be in the computer optical drives.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.