- Sony® surround sound receivers are not capable of powering a passive subwoofer.
- A separate article about the difference between an active subwoofer and a passive subwoofer is available .
- Ensure the subwoofer is connected properly to the stereo receiver.
- Ensure the speaker settings on the stereo receiver are configured properly to use the subwoofer.
IMPORTANT: Certain speaker settings may disable the subwoofer. Consult the instruction manual of the stereo system for additional information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the stereo receiver has different sound fields available, try selecting a different sound field.
IMPORTANT: Certain sound field settings may disable the subwoofer. Consult the instruction manual of the stereo system for additional information.
- If the issue is not resolved, replace the speaker wire connecting the subwoofer to the stereo receiver.