IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot noise when listening from an external source. Make sure to perform sound tests after each step.
- Plug the receiver and the external source directly to the main outlet to avoid power fluctuation.
- Make sure to connect the external source properly to the receiver.
- Increase the volume on the connected external source if it has volume control.
- Connect the external source to a different input port on the receiver.
- Replace the connection cables.
If the issue still persists, the unit may need repair. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.