Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the computer does not display, beep, clear post or boot.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the computer status after completing each step.
- If this issue occurs on a notebook computer, ensure the appropriate AC Adaptor is being used by comparing the model number on the AC Adaptor brick to the AC Adaptor listed in the computer Marketing Specifications under supplied accessories. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
- Remove all media from the CD/DVD/BD drive.
- Remove any additional third-party cards that were installed in the computer.
NOTE: A video card is needed for startup.
- Remove any additional RAM memory modules that have been added to the computer.
- Remove and replace (reseat) the original RAM memory modules that came installed in the computer.
NOTE: Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer for specific information on how to install, remove or replace RAM memory modules.
- Restart the computer by pressing and holding the power button until all power indicator lights are off, waiting 30 seconds, and then pressing the power button again.
- Restart the computer to Safe Mode .
- Reset the computers BIOS to the default values.
NOTE: For computers running the Windows® 7 or Windows Vista® operating systems, try restarting the computer to the Last Known Good Configuration .
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.