Before You Start
- The computer must have compatible video capture software installed, such as the Apple® iMovie® app.
- The computer must have FireWire® or Thunderbolt™ ports.
- Use the compatible i.LINK® cable based on the ports of your computer.
- FireWire is a registered trademark of Apple, while i.LINK is a registered trademark of Sony. Both trademarks refer to the industry-standard IEEE 1394 serial bus connection.
- Additional information on using iMovie to import the movie is available on the iMovie support website.
Transfer Your Video Using iMovie
- Turn on the computer.
- Start the iMovie app.
- Connect an i.LINK cable to the i.LINK port on the camcorder.
- Connect the other end of the i.LINK cable to FireWire port of the computer. If you're using a computer with a Thunderbolt port, use a Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter.
If your computer has a FireWire port, connect the camcorder with a 4-pin to 6-pin or 9-pin i.LINK cable.
- If your computer has a Thunderbolt port, use a Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter with a compatible i.LINK cable.
- Turn on the digital camcorder by moving the POWER switch to select VTR or the PLAY/EDIT mode.
- The camera playback setting varies. Check the supplied manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Cue the tape in the camcorder to the position where you want to begin importing the video.
- In the iMovie window, click the IMPORT button.
- When finished, click the IMPORT button again to stop.