IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
This error may occur for the following reasons:
- If the recording media was formatted on a computer or other device and the file format was modified.
- If the Compact Flash® (CF) card or Memory Stick® adapter is not making a connection with the connector pins in the recording media slot.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Turn off the camera.
- Remove the CF card or Memory Stick adapter.
- Ensure you are using compatible recording media .
- Inspect the inside of the recording media slot to ensure there are no foreign objects inserted and that there are no bent connector pins.
IMPORTANT: If there is a foreign object in the recording media slot that cannot be removed, or if it appears that any of the connector pins are bent, do not continue with the troubleshooting steps below. Instead, service will be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.
- Reinsert the CF card or Memory Stick/CF card adapter.
- Turn on the camera.
- If the error reoccurs, format the recording media in the camera.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Formatting will erase all of the data on the recording media.
- If formatting does not resolve the issue, try using a different CF card, Memory Stick media, or Memory Stick adapter.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.