How to transfer video from a DVD camcorder to a computer using Audio/Video (A/V) cables.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- The computer must have standard Audio/Video (A/V) input jacks and compatible video capture software to complete this procedure. Many video editing software applications include a capture function. If you have video editing software, you might not need a separate video capture application.
- The A/V capture card in some Sony® VAIO® computers will only work with preinstalled Sony software such as VAIO Zone, Click to DVD™, and DVgate Plus™. If you are using a VAIO computer, additional information may be available. Try searching the Knowledge Base again using the model number of the VAIO computer.
NOTE: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Turn on the computer.
- Connect an A/V cable to the A/V output jack of the camcorder.
- Connect the other end of the A/V cable to the A/V input jack on the computer.
- Insert the DVD containing the video into camcorder.
- Turn on the camcorder to the playback mode.
- Start the video capture software on the computer.
- Use the video capture software to transfer the video.
NOTE: Because there are many different video capture applications on the market and we cannot reasonably know which video capture software you are using, Sony is unable to provide specific instructions or support for software we do not manufacture. However, many video capture applications have detailed help files, including specific instructions about capturing and importing video from a camcorder to a computer. The help files should be available in the Help menu of the video capture software or in a separate file on the software disc. If you cannot find instructions in the help file or on the disc included with your software, consult the software manufacturer for more detailed support information.