On a full charge, the battery has the capability of up to 7,500 continuous page turns. Actual battery life will vary based on usage patterns, settings and battery conditions. When the Reader™ Digital Book is turned on, off, or a page is marked, battery power is used, thus lowering the expected battery life.
Playing audio will reduce the battery life. Audio playback will continue until it is stopped by accessing Now Playing in the Home menu. If audio is playing when the Reader Digital Book is turned off, playback will resume automatically when the Reader Digital Book is turned back on.
In the Home menu, verify that the symbol to the left of Now Playing is two vertical bars. If the symbol is anything other than the two vertical bars, select Now Playing and press the ENT button to stop playback.
- If you charge via a USB connection and leave your Reader Digital Book connected to the computer to charge and the computer goes into sleep or hibernation, charging will stop and the red charge indicator on the Reader Digital Book will turn off. If left connected, your battery may begin to discharge. To avoid this, turn off any sleep or hibernation settings while charging or set your sleep or hibernation settings to come on after your Reader Digital Book has been charged and then disconnect it from the computer once charging has completed.
- Due to the nature of the E Ink electronic display technology, the LCD can retain an image without having power. Turning the page is the only time power is consumed. If the power of the Reader Digital Book is drained, the LCD will retain the last image that was displayed, thus making it appear like the Reader Digital Book is frozen and in some instances it will not have enough power to perform other operations such as turning on or off.
- Battery life can be affected by operating temperatures below 41 degrees F, lack of use, or if the battery has not been given enough time to fully charge.
- If the Reader Digital Book has not been used for an extended period of time, repeatedly charging and discharging will improve the efficiency of the battery.
- If the battery life still seems short, service may be required to replace the battery. The Sony® eService Web site at http://eservice.sony.com/ can assist you in obtaining service from a Sony Service Center or locating a Sony Authorized Servicer.