The troubleshooting steps in this article are only applicable on the following series of Reader™ Digital Book.
- PRS-500 Series
- PRS-505 Series
- PRS-600 Series
- PRS-700 Series
- PRS-900 Series
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the audio status after completing each step.
- Verify that the headphones are firmly plugged into the headphone jack.
- Increase the volume on the Reader™ Digital Book.
- If the headphones have a volume control, ensure the volume is adjusted to an appropriate level.
- If an extension cable is being used to connect the headphones, disconnect the extension cable and then connect the headphones directly.
- Test the headphones on another device.
- Test a different set of headphones on the Reader Digital Book.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.