Follow these steps to change the display resolution.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
NOTE: If the display is too large to navigate, restart to Safe Mode before starting the procedure.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.
- In the Display Settings window, under Resolution, click and drag the slider to the desired screen resolution.
NOTE: Some screen resolution options may output an image that is too large or too small for the screen area of the computer display. Because of this, be sure to choose a screen resolution setting that either exactly fits or is slightly smaller than the screen area of the computer display.
- Click the OK button.
- At the Do you want to keep these display settings? prompt, click Yes.
NOTE: If, at the Do you want to keep these display settings? prompt, you click No or fail to click any button within 15 seconds, the computer will revert to the old display setting.
- In the Appearance and Personalization window, click the X in the upper right corner to close the window.