Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the computer does not recognize the USB connection from the camcorder.
- Turn off the camcorder.
- Ensure the USB cable is connected securely to the camcorder.
- Ensure the other end of the USB cable is connected securely to the USB port on the computer.
NOTE: Connection through a USB hub is not supported.
- With the exception of the mouse, keyboard, and camcorder, remove any other USB connected devices from the computer.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- On the camcorder LCD screen, touch the computer or hard disk icon.
- If the issue is still not resolved, connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try uninstalling and reinstalling the USB driver .
- If the issue is still not resolved, test the USB port on the computer by connecting a different USB device.
- If the other USB device operates, the USB cable may need replaced or the camcorder may require service.
- If the other USB device does not operate, then the issue is being caused by the computer. If the computer is connected to a network, try disconnecting it from the network or connect the camera to a computer that is not on a network. In addition, mapped drives may cause connection issues; drive designations D, E, or F must be available. It may be necessary to contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.