If the notebook LCD screen has blotches, bleeding, cracks, moisture or color distortion, it may have physical damage. The following images are physically damaged LCD screens. Use these to help determine if the notebook LCD has physical damage.
- Pressure crack and bleeding
- Spider cracks and bleeding
- Multi-colored vertical lines and screen fracture
- White blotches
- If the LCD distortion is visible when the computer is powered off, the issue is usually caused by physical damage.
- Service will be required to repair physical damage. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.
If there is no outward evidence of or you are unable to definitively determine if the LCD has physical damage, troubleshoot the LCD .
The following are image examples of LCD screens that are NOT physically damaged. Use these along with the images above to determine if the notebook LCD has physical damage.