This answer is designed to assist when using the supplied software and Window® Media Player 11. If you have misplaced the software or are using a computer with a different operating system, additional software may be available from our drivers and download page. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Be sure your computer meets the following operating system requirements: Windows Vista® SP1, Windows XP SP 2 or later operating system (excluding Media Center Edition, Media Center Edition 2004 & 2005, 64-bit OS versions, and OS versions not supported by Microsoft).
- If installing on a computer running the Windows® XP operating system, verify that Service Pack 2 (SP2) is installed before installing the Windows Media Player 11.
- Insert the WALKMAN Software Setup CD into the CD drive of the computer.
- In the Welcome screen, click Yes.
- In the Software Install screen, click Windows Media Player 11.
- In the right pane, click Install.
NOTE: If you receive the message to validate your copy of Windows, click the Validate button.
- In the Thank you for choosing Windows Media Player 11 screen, click I Accept to accept the License Agreement.
- In the Choose the initial settings for the Windows Media Player screen, click to select Express Settings (Recommended) and then click Finish.
- Close the WALKMAN Software Setup.