IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
This issue may occur when the static IP address is configured and your computer is rebooted. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In All Programs menu, click SmartWi Connection Utility and then click SmartWi Connection Utility.
- In the SmartWi Connection Utility window, enable Wireless LAN by clicking the WLAN button.
Note: The WLAN button will display a green indicator when you enable WLAN.
- Click the Advanced Settings button.
- In the Advanced Settings window, click to select the appropriate wireless router and then click the Edit button.
- In the Profile Settings window, click the IP settings tab.
- On the IP settings tab, click Use the following IP address and then enter the IP Address, Subnet mask and Default gateway information.
- Click the Use the following DNS server address and then enter the Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS server IP addresses.
Note: The DNS server IP address may not need to be manually configured. Check with your network administrator for this information.