If the CD player will not accept the disc or if the disc keeps being ejected, there may be a problem with the disc that you are trying to play or the unit may need to be reset. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, test the unit for proper operation after completing each step.
- Make sure the CD player is turned on and that the car stereo works using the radio.
NOTE: If an issue also exists with the radio, service may be required.
- Press the EJECT button to ensure a disc is not already inserted.
- Verify the disc is inserted into the CD player properly. The disc may eject if inserted upside down.
- Press the RESET button on the front of the car stereo.
- Try a couple of different discs just to make sure there is not a problem with the disc that you are trying to play.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.