If your audio system turns off by itself, there may be a problem with the electrical power or a possible loose connection. Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
- Check your device manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Check the power status after completing each step.
- Plug your device into a working wall outlet, and not on a power strip or surge protector, to reduce the possibility of a short circuit.
- Plug your device into a different wall outlet.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control to avoid sending unintentional signals to your device.
- Disconnect the speakers.
- If disconnecting the speakers resolves the issue, then either the speaker settings on your device aren't set correctly or there is a problem with the speakers. Reconnect the speakers to the unit one at a time to see if there is a speaker that is causing the issue.
- Remove all connected components.
- If resolved, then one of the previously connected components is causing the issue. To determine what device is faulty, reconnect each component one at a time to your device.
- Turn off Sleep mode.
- If the AUTO.STBY is set to ON, change the setting to STBY OFF or OFF.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.