Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Ensure the Audio/Video (A/V) cable is securely connected to the output of the DVD player.
- Ensure the A/V cable is securely connected to the input of the TV or stereo receiver.
- Ensure the TV or stereo receiver is tuned to the appropriate input to receive the audio signal from the DVD player.
- If the remote control for the DVD player has a SUR button, press this button until SURROUND OFF is displayed on the TV screen.
- If the issue is not resolved, connect the A/V cable to a different input on the TV or stereo receiver.
- Tune the TV or stereo receiver to the new input.
NOTE: If sound is produced when connecting to the new input, then the previous input jack on the television or stereo system may be faulty.
- If sound is not produced when connecting to the new input, then try replacing the A/V cable.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve the issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.Go to Product Repair.