- Whenever AC power has been removed from your TV, the clock must be reset.
- Install any system software (firmware) updates available for the television. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- If there is not a software update available, or if the issue continues after the update is completed, follow the steps in this solution.
NOTE: For model-specific information regarding how to reset the clock, refer to the supplied operating manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure that the power cord from the TV is being connected directly to the wall outlet or a power strip that is always on.
- Make sure that the TV is not receiving power from another device, such as a cable set top box, a satellite box, or an A/V Receiver, that removes AC power from your TV when that device is turned off.
- If the Energy Saving Switch on the side of the TV is being used to turn off the TV, the clock time will be lost.
NOTE: Energy savings switches are only available on select models.
To reset the time from the TV menu, access either Settings, Set Up or Preferences and follow the on-screen menus to set the time.