If the camera turns on but will not record or play, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Ensure a tape has been inserted into the camera.
- Verify that the camera is switched to the correct mode.
- Select the CAMERA mode for recording.
- Select the VTR or PLAY mode to playback a tape.
- Try to play or record.
- If the issue is not resolved, reset the camcorder to factory specifications.
If the issue is still unresolved after performing the reset, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.