Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the camcorder keeps flashing LP or SP in the display and the inserted tape will not play.
- Remove the tape from the cassette compartment.
- Clean the camcorder tape heads using a commercially available tape head cleaning cassette.
- Reinsert the tape into the cassette compartment.
- Attempt to play the tape.
- If the issue is not resolved, attempt to playback a different tape.
- If another tape will playback in the camcorder, then the first tape or recording may be faulty.
- If the issue is not resolved, service will be required.