Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the zoom function does not operate.
IMPORTANT: On some entry-level camera models, the zoom changes are not reflected when looking through the viewfinder. Use the LCD when using the zoom operation.
- The zoom function will not operate with some AE modes.
- The zoom function is not available while shooting a movie on all cameras. Refer to the owner's manual for information regarding the functions available on the camera. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Change the Auto Exposure (AE) mode on the camera.
- Ensure the camera is not set for movie mode.
- If the camera has a conversion lens setting in the menu, set it of OFF.
- Reset the camera back to factory settings.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.