Follow these steps if the Remote Control application does not work after upgrading the Android operating system to version 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Apps.
- In the Apps screen, tap to select the All tab.
- Under the All tab, scroll to locate and then tap the Remote Control app.
- Because each of the next three steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the functionality of the Remote Control application after tapping each button and before tapping the next.
- You will be presented with a confirmation prompt after tapping each button. At each prompt, tap OK.
- In the Remote Control info screen, tap the Force Stop button.
- If the problem still persists, tap the Clear Cache button.
- If the problem persists, tap the Clear Data button.
- If the Remote Control application still does not work, perform a factory data reset procedure .