Before you start
- Movies that regularly take you back to the TV's home screen indicate an issue with your Netflix® app.
- If this issue occurs only in some of the movies, contact Netflix for support.
If this issue happens with most or all movies, follow these steps to resolve the issue. If model-specific information is necessary to perform any of the steps, check your TV manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Connect your device to an active internet connection.
- Install the latest firmware.
Note: Updates are available from the Settings menu of your device, or you can download it on your computer. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Power off the modem and router for one minute, then power them back on.
- Perform Refresh Internet Content.
Note: Skip this step if you have an Android TV™ model.
- Check if the movies play. If some movies play and others don't, slow internet connection speed may be the cause.
Note: To watch movies, use a recommended connection speed of at least:
- 3.0 Mbps for standard definition (SD) content
- 10 Mbps for high definition (HD) content
- 25 Mbps for Ultra HD (4K) content
- Perform a factory reset. Select the appropriate link below: