IMPORTANT: Not all cameras, camcorders and computers have the Near Field Communication (NFC™) technology. To see if your camera, camcorder or computer has the NFC capability, check the supplied operating guide or instructions manuals. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
One-touch sharing is a feature that can wirelessly transfer photos, music, website links and other files by touching the two NFC devices together. You can also transfer high-resolution photos from an NFC capable camera or transfer website links to a computer with built-in NFC.
NOTE: NFC technology on computers can only transfer website addresses as of the moment. Work is being done in the Windows® platform to add more NFC capability.
One-touch sharing works when using the following devices:
- An NFC compatible mobile device or a tablet computer
- An NFC compatible camera with a built-in Wi-Fi and a mobile device with the PlayMemories Mobile™ app.
- Photos and videos in MP4 format are the compatible files for sharing on these devices.
- For further information on supported and required operating system, refer to this website.
- A mobile device, a tablet computer, and a VAIO® computer with a built-in NFC technology.
NOTE: Website addresses can be shared when using the NFC function on these devices.