If the menu items on the camcorder LCD touch panel are not responding or the positioning is not correct, refer to these tips:
If the LCD touch panel is unresponsive
- Power cycle the camcorder:
- Turn the camcorder off.
- Unplug the power cord and remove the battery.
- Wait 1-2 minutes.
- Reattach the battery or plug in the power and check the touch panel response.
- If you are using an LCD protective sheet not manufactured by Sony:
- The panel may not respond properly when touched. We recommend using a protective sheet manufactured by Sony.
- If the panel was responsive in the past, then the camcorder may need repair or the protective sheet may need replacement.  Go to Product Repair.
- The panel may not respond if there is foreign matter lodged between the touch panel and the protective sheet. Remove the foreign matter and check the panel response.
- Check if the LCD touch panel is wet:
- The touch panel will not respond if it is wet. Wipe off the water droplets and check the panel response.
- Waterproof models can be dropped in water but the panel must be dry to work correctly.
If the response position of the LCD touch panel menu items isn't correct
Follow the steps below to calibrate the LCD touch panel.
- Connect the supplied AC adaptor to the wall outlet.
- Unplug any cables other than the AC adaptor and remove any memory cards.
- Turn on the Handycam.
- Select CALIBRATION from among the setting items.
- Using a pointed object such as the corner of a memory card, press the x mark displayed on the screen.
- Do not touch the LCD screen with sharp objects such as mechanical pencils or needles, as they could damage it.
- Calibration cannot be performed when the LCD screen is inverted or when it is closed and facing outward.