Follow these steps if you are using a KDL-xxR520A series or KDL-xxR550A series TV and the software update is stuck at 57%:
- Reset TV:
- Disconnect TV's power cord from the AC wall outlet.
- Reconnect power cord.
- After a picture or display information appears, press and hold the up arrow button on the remote control.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and center of the TV.
- While holding the up arrow button, press and release the Power button button on the side of the TV.
- Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.
NOTE: If the reset procedure does not start immediately after the picture or display information appears, the reset will not work properly. In this case, start this procedure again.
- Release the up arrow button on the remote control and wait for the TV to reset.
- Wait until after TV resets, displays language selection and software update starts again.
- After software update completes, set up the TV.