IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
There are various factors that may prevent the software update from completing. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet and plug it back in, or perform a power reset. To perform a power reset, refer to the following articles:
- Confirm the network status depending on the operating system (OS) of your TV:
- Perform the software update again.
Note: If New software version is not detected appears on your TV screen, wait two minutes and then perform the software update again.
- If the software update still doesn't complete, you can update your TV manually with a USB storage device. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Connect the Internet Video Device to a Network Using a Wired Connection
- Connect the TV to a Network Using a Wireless Connection
- Connect Your Android TV to the Internet
- The BRAVIA TV Can't Connect to the Internet
*Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.