How to enable the Russian Ruble currency feature.
Windows 8.1 August update now has the ability to add the Russian ruble currency symbol when needed.
Follow these steps to enable this feature.
- Press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Control Panel.
NOTES: Because the Control Panel is a traditional Windows Desktop application, if you were not already there, the interface will change to the Desktop and the Control Panel window will open.
- In the Control Panel window, click Clock, Language and Region.
- In the Clock, Language and Region window, click Region.
- In the Region window, in the Format field, click the down arrow, click to select Russian (Russia), and then click the Additional Setting button.
- In the Customize Format window, click the Currency tab.
- On the Currency tab, next to Currency symbol, click to select the ruble currency.
- In the Customize Format window, click the OK button.
- In the Region window, click the OK button.
To inset the symbol using the touch screen keyboard, press Symbol and Number page for Russian input locale.
To inset the symbol using a physical keyboard, press the right Alt button + 8 key.
NOTE: The AltGR button can be used instead of the right Alt button if available on your keyboard.