Follow the steps below to setup and configure your BDPS-2200 or BDPS-3200 Blu-ray Player. These steps will guide you through the initial setup as well as the wireless network setup.
Note: During the initial setup, you may be prompted to install a software update for the player. This may happen after the player is connected to the Internet, but before the setup is complete. If this happens, continue with the setup and then follow these steps to update the software of the player.
- Before connecting the power, connect the Blu-ray Disc player to your TV or Home Theater system using an HDMI® cable.
Note: The BDPS-2200 only has an HDMI port and power connection on the back of the player.
- Turn on the power to the TV or Home Theater system and make sure they are set to the correct input for the Blu-ray player.
- Connect the power to the Blu-ray player using the supplied AC adapter.
- If the player does not turn on, press the Power button on the front-right top of the unit. If using the remote, make sure the batteries are installed correctly. When the player is fully powered on, you should see the following screen. Select your language and press the Enter button on the remote.
- Select the Quick Start mode you want and press Enter on the remote. If you have any issues installing firmware updates, set the Quick Start Mode to Off.
- At the completion screen, select Easy Network Settings and press Enter on the remote.
- Review the introduction screen for Network Settings and press Enter on the remote to start the setup process.
- The player will check the Internet connection, search for available wireless networks, and present a list of networks to select from.
Note: For the BDPS-3200, you will need to select the wireless option to proceed.
- Review the information on the selection screen. If your access point supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and you have used that to setup other devices on your network, press Enter on the remote to select that choice. Otherwise, use the Down arrow button on the remote to highlight the name of your access point and press Enter on the remote.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS):
Locate the WPS button on your router (access point) so that you know where it is. Once you have located it, press Enter on the remote to continue.
- Once this screen is displayed, press the WPS button on your router (access point). You have two minutes to press the WPS button before the player stops looking for the signal.
- When the player finds the router (access point), the following screen is displayed.
- Once the network connection is completed, the following screen is displayed.
Skip to Step 17 to continue with setup.
- Access Point selected from the list:
If you selected your access point from the list and you have security set up on your network, you will have to enter the security key (password). Press Enter on the remote to enter the security key.
- Use the Arrow and Enter buttons on the remote to type the security key. Upper case letters are selected using the UP arrow beneath the letter "a" on the on-screen keyboard. When you are done, move to Enter on the on-screen keyboard and press Enter on the remote.
- You will return to the screen below. Notice the asterisks (******) after the WPA Key prompt. This shows that you have entered your security key. Press the Right Arrow button on the remote to continue.
- The player will check the network connection and will display a completion screen once a successful connection is made. Press Enter on the remote to continue.
- Some Blu-ray discs require an Internet connection for playback of special content. If you want to allow this, select Allow and press Enter on the remote.
- Information about the content on Blu-ray discs can be viewed when connected to Gracenote® database. If you want to automatically collect this information, select Auto and press Enter on the remote.
- Setup is complete and the following screen is displayed. Press Enter on the remote to continue.
- Once the setup is complete, you will see the screen below. You need to update Internet Video content to be able to see all of the available services. Press Enter on the remote to continue.
- Review the End User License Agreement. Press the Right Arrow on the remote to select Agree and Next and press Enter to continue.
- The player will update Internet content. When complete, press Enter on the remote.
- When the process is complete and Internet content is ready, the screen below will be displayed. Press Enter to close and return to the menu of the player.
The Blu-ray player is now ready for use.
Note: These settings can all be reset and the process can be started over by selecting Resetting and Reset to Factory Default Settings options from the Setup menu of the player. Press the Home button on the remote to display the menu of the player. Individual settings or All Settings can be reset using this menu option. The All Settings option is at the bottom of the list.
If you skipped a software update during the player setup, follow these steps to install it:
- Make sure the player is turned on and the TV is set to the correct input to view the player. Press Home on the remote. This will bring up the menu of the player.
- Use the Left arrow on the remote to move to the Settings menu.
- Use the Up arrow on the remote to move to the Software Update option. Press Enter on the remote.
- Two update methods are available, but since the player is connected to the Internet (assuming the above steps were completed successfully), select Update via Internet and press Enter on the remote.
- The player will search for an update. If one is found, the screen below will be displayed. Press the Right arrow on the remote to select OK and press Enter to proceed.
- Information about the update will be displayed. It is important to never turn off the player during a software update. Press Enter on the remote to proceed.
- The software update process will start and a progress bar will be displayed.
- The screen will change slightly when the download starts and the progress bar will begin to move as the update is downloaded.
- Once the update is downloaded, the screen will change again as the update is installed on the player.
- When the update is fully installed, the player will turn off.
- Press the Power button on the front-right top of the unit or use the Power button on the remote to turn the player back on. After the update is complete, you may need to refresh the Internet content to see all Internet services.