IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to add a device in the operating system.
NOTE: To add a device, first connect and turn on the device. If you are attempting to connect a wireless device, make sure the device is turned on and ready to accept a wireless connection.
- Click the Start button, and in the Start menu, click Settings.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings window, click Devices.
- On the Devices screen, on the left column, click Connected devices.
- In the Connected devices screen, under Add devices, click the + (Plus) icon next to Add a device.
- From the list of available devices, click to select the device you wish to add.
NOTE: If the device you are attempting to add is not listed, make sure the device is turned on and either connected or ready to accept a wireless connection, then click the + (Plus) icon again.
To remove an installed device, under Other devices, click to select the device you wish to remove, click the Remove device button, and at the Are you sure... prompt, click Yes.