Error: Update failed. Connect the USB memory containing the update files or connect to the network to retry. appears on the TV screen connected to the AV receiver during a firmware update.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If the error message Update failed. Connect the USB memory containing the update files or connect to the network to retry. appears on the TV screen connected to the AV receiver during a firmware update via the Update via Internet method, follow the steps below.
- Verify that the router and all of the equipment connected to the router and the AV receiver are switched on.
- When the AV receiver is connected through a wired network, check that the AV receiver and router are connected correctly.
- While the error message is displayed, select OK by pressing the ENTER button on the supplied remote control of the AV receiver.
- Try updating the firmware again using the Update via Internet method.
- If the firmware update still fails, download the firmware to a USB device. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Try updating the firmware using the Update via USB Memory method.
- On the supplied remote control of the AV receiver, press the HOME button.
- Select Setup.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Update via USB Memory.
- When the update is completed, COMPLETE appears on the display panel and the AV receiver restarts automatically.
- It may take about one hour for the update to be completed.
- Do not turn the receiver off while the software is being updated. It may cause a malfunction.
- You cannot restore the old version after updating the firmware.
If the error message still appears after completing the steps above, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.