You can play 4K movies on the YouTube® app with a compatible Android TV™. Here's how:
Connect Your TV to the Internet
- Use either a wired or wireless connection and make sure you have at least 40 Mbps speed.
- We recommend a wired connection since 4K videos use high-capacity data. If the internet connection isn't fast enough, the videos may not play smoothly.
- If you use a wired connection, make sure Wired is displayed for Connection method.
- If you switch from an already established wireless connection to a wired connection, the wired connection between the wireless LAN router and the TV may not be enabled right away. In this case, press and hold the Power button on your TV to restart it.
Search for 4K Movies
Videos can only be played in 4K resolution when playing from the YouTube app. If the videos are played using the TV internet browser, they won't play in 4K resolution.
- On the YouTube app, search for the 4K movie you want to watch.
- Press the HOME button.
- Select the YouTube app.
- Search for keywords such as 4K video using the search field of the YouTube app.