IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Songs saved on a playlist on a Sony device can be sorted alphabetically using the Media Go™ software.
IMPORTANT: The sorted song list needs to be saved as a new playlist and copied to the device for the changes to take effect.
Follow these steps to sort an existing playlist and save it as a new playlist on a Sony device.
- Connect the device to the computer and run the Media Go software. The software should recognize the device and display it's assigned name.
- Copy the current playlist from the device to the Media Go Library. Click the playlist from the Playlists pane in the middle of the window and drag it to thePlaylists tab under Library of Media Go on the left.
- Click on the copied playlist under Library.
NOTE: Playlist would appear as it is on the device.
- Click on the Title column header to sort the songs alphabetically.
- Notice that the "A's" and "The's" at the beginning of the songs are ignored for sorting.
- The numbers on the column to the left of the title of the songs are still not in order at this point.
- Play the first song and confirm the new order of the playlist on the Now Playing pane on the right side of the window.
NOTE: The songs can still be rearranged to the desired order at this point.
- Save the current playlist as a New Playlist. There are two ways to save the current playlist as a new playlist.
Each of the steps below would work to save a new playlist. Follow which is preferable.
Click on the More button at the bottom right corner of the Now Playing pane and select Save as Playlist.
Highlight all the songs then click and drag it to the left pane under Media Go Library to add it as a new playlist.
NOTE: The new playlist can be renamed as desired after following either of the steps above.
- Click the newly saved playlist with the reordered song.
NOTE: Notice that this time, the numbers are already in order and the songs are sorted alphabetically.
- Drag and drop the new playlist to the device's assigned name on the left pane of Media Go. Songs should appear sorted alphabetically on the device now.