IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Voice search and Google Assistant
Google TV™ and Android TV™ have a voice recognition feature called Voice Search, which allows you to input commands into the TV using your voice. If your TV has Google Assistant built-in, you can ask Google Assistant for help.
Whether the TV supports Google Assistant varies depending on your region or language. For details, refer to the article Supported countries/regions/languages and how to use Google Assistant. For how to use the Voice Search function, refer to the article How do I use the voice search function?
Hands-free voice search Experience (only TVs with a built-in MIC)
If your TV has a built-in MIC and uses a language that supports hands-free, you can use the Voice Search function or operate the TV hands-free.
- How to confirm if your TV has a built-in MIC:
Go to your product support page and refer to the Specifications section. If your TV has a built-in MIC, (Built-in Mic) Yes is displayed in the VOICE SEARCH section.
- How to confirm if the language you are using supports built-in MIC:
Refer to the article Supported languages and how to use the built-in MIC.
- Even if your TV does not have a built-in MIC or the language you are using doesn't support built-in MIC, you can use the voice search function by using the remote control.
- Google Assistant and voice search both require an Internet connection.
- If your TV supports Google Assistant with the built-in MIC and language, you can ask Google Assistant hands-free.
*Google and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.