IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can now use the Google Assistant or voice search hands-free when the Ok Google detection feature of your Android TV™ device is set to on. Just say Ok Google in front of your TV, then perform a voice search or operate the TV.
- The Google Assistant or voice search with the built-in MIC requires an active internet connection.
- Not all TVs have built-in MIC support. Check your TV manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Enable the Built-In MIC
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Google.
- Select Ok Google detection.
- You can also enable the built-in MIC when you press the Google Assistant or Microphone button on the remote control.
- You can use the built-in MIC of your TV even on standby mode. Say Ok Google and the Google Assistant will respond.
Note: This function will be available when it's ready.
- The TV LED indicator stays lit up in yellow when the built-in MIC is on.
- The Google Assistant Supported Countries, Regions, and Languages
- What Is the Google Assistant for Android TV?
*Google, Android TV, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.