IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Here are tips and notes regarding the remote control included with some 2019 Android TV™ models.
Remote control features
- Most remote controls operate using infrared (IR) communication. To use these remotes, point them towards your TV. The supplied remote can control your TV in any orientation because it uses Bluetooth® communication for all operations except for the power button.
- If Bluetooth communication is disconnected for whatever reason, the remote control automatically switches to IR mode.
- The (MIC) button only works using Bluetooth communication.
Pairing the remote
- You don't need to set up the supplied remote because it's automatically paired with your TV during the initial setup procedure.
- If the MIC button doesn't work, refer to the article: Registration of the touchpad remote control or voice remote control always fails.
- You can't pair the supplied remote control with an incompatible TV. For additional information, refer to the article: I can't operate my old TV with the remote from a new Android TV.