- This article applies to Soundbars / Home Theater Systems with an HDMI® port. To verify your model has an HDMI port, refer to the product manual.
- This procedure may vary depending on the model. For details, refer to the product manual.
- The auto power-off function may be available with HDMI compatible devices manufactured by other companies, but the operation is not guaranteed.
If the Soundbar / Home Theater System doesn't turn off even when the TV connected with an HDMI cable is turned off, check the following:
- Turn on the Control for HDMI (Bravia Sync) function of the TV.
Note: The following is an example of steps on some Android TV™ models:
- On the supplied remote control, press the Home button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Watching TV.
- Select External inputs.
- Select BRAVIA Sync settings, then set to ON.
In the Control for HDMI (Bravia Sync) setting of the TV, if there are settings related to the auto power-off function (e.g. Auto devices off), set those to Automatic or On.Note: Depending on the model, there may be no auto power offsetting, or the setting name may be different.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI function of the Soundbar / Home Theater System.
Note: The following are examples of steps on some Soundbars:
- Using the Soundbar remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Setup.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select HDMI Settings.
- Select Control for HDMI and then set to On.
- Using the Soundbar remote control, press and hold the VOICE button for 5 seconds.
- The USB indicator flashes twice indicating the Control for HDMI function is on.
In the HDMI settings of the Soundbar / Home Theater System, if there are settings related to the auto power-off feature (e.g. Standby Linked to TV), set those to Auto or On.Note: Depending on the model, there may be no auto power off setting or the setting name may be different.