IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Perform the following and check if the condition improves.
- Insert your earbud headphones in the charging case and close the lid.
Place both earbud headphones in the charging case connected with the USB cable, then check that the headset indicator (red) lights up.
If the indicator does not light up, close the lid and wait about 30 seconds. Then open the lid and check that the indicator (red) on the unit is lit.
- Check that the earbuds are attached properly to the headphones.
If the earbuds are not attached properly, the headphones may not be charged with the charging case. Check the attaching conditions before setting the headphones in the charging case.
Note: Make sure to firmly insert the earbuds all the way and isn't loose.
- Charge the headphones using the supplied earbuds attached.
If you are using other than Sony branded earbuds, the headphones may not be charged with the charging case.
- Reset the earbud headphones.
- Charge the charging case with the supplied USB Type-C cable
The remaining charge of the rechargeable battery of the charging case may be low and the headphones cannot be charged.
Note: Do not use a commercially available charging cable, or the headphones may not charge.
- When the headphones' indicator (red) lights up and immediately turns off, and the headphones power turns off when the headphones are set to the charging case.
- When the headphones' indicator (red) doesn’t light up on and the headphones power doesn’t turn off even if the headphones are set to the charging case.
- Wipe the charging terminals on the headphones and charging case with a dry soft cloth (such as those used for eyeglasses).
If the terminals are dirty, charging may not be possible. We recommend performing regular cleaning.
- Charge in an environment at 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C).
If the temperature is low or high, charging may not be possible.