Replace the earbuds
Noise-canceling is ineffective if your earbud headphones don't fit your ears properly. To get the best sound experience, including noise canceling effect, replace the earbuds with ones that fit your ears the best.
Try the earbud sizes in order from the larger size (L) to the smaller size (SS):
- Remove the earbuds and try different sizes.
- When you remove the earbud be careful that you don't pinch the end of the tip.
Firmly insert the earbuds all the way. Don't attach the earbuds in a loose or skewed manner.
- You can determine the size based on the number of lines inside the bottom of the earbuds.
SS: 1 line
S: 2 lines
M: 3 lines
L: 4 lines
- Try a different size, and then check again to see how the Noise Canceling function works.
- Try different earbud sizes until you find the best ones for your Noise Canceling experience.
- Make sure that the headphones are attached firmly and the earbuds slide deep into your ears. Rotating it while lighly pulling up the upper part of your ear makes it easier to insert.
- Check to see how the Noise Canceling function works.
Change the settings on the Sony | Headphones Connect app
On the Sound screen, customize the Equalizer setting to your preferred sound quality. If sound quality is still not good, try changing the Sound Quality Mode to Priority on sound quality mode.
- Customize the Equalizer setting
- Change the Sound Quality Mode