Before you start
When taking images with the camera, these settings are important:
- Exposure compensation - Allows for the adjustment of the image brightness after the camera sets the exposure.
- White Balance - Allows the adjustment of color tones if the image is not as expected.
- Picture Profile - A menu for adjusting and changing content parameters that determine an image's characteristics. Refer to What is Picture Profile? for more information.
- Creative Look - Allows the selection of different preset image "looks" that combine contrast, shadow, fade, saturation, sharpness, and other settings.
- Make sure the Picture Profile feature is Off
- Press MENU → Exposure/Color → Color/Tone → Picture Profile → Off.
- If the symptom does not improve even when Picture Profile is set to Off, follow these steps in order:
- Select Setup → Operation Customize → Different Set for Still/Mv. Add a checkmark to Picture Profile for independent settings and select OK.
- Select Setup → Operation Customize → Different Set for Still/Mv again. Remove the checkmark from Picture Profile for shared settings and select OK.
- Change Different Set for Still/Mv to your desired setting.