IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You may be facing a device lock issue due to Protection by my Xperia; try the following steps to unlock the device.
- Check the protection status of my Xperia on the screen when you start the device.
Note: If the device is locked without the screen of my Xperia, please try the following FAQ: I can’t unlock my screen (Android version 5.0 or higher).
- Tap the Authenticate button and make a note of both Verification URL and User Code.
Note: Verification URL example: https://www.google.com/device
- Use another device (such as a PC) to access the Verification URL and enter your User Code. Then tap the Next button.
- Once logged in to my Xperia, please enter your registered email address for the Google™ account authentication. Then tap the Next button.
- Please enter the passwords for your Google account. Then tap the Next button.
- If your Google account is successfully authenticated, you will see The device has been connected.
- Please back to your device in the state of Step-2, tap Submit, confirm if the device is unlocked, and then tap the ACTIVATE button.