IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Breathing Comp. feature, when set to On, automatically compensates for lens fluctuations that slightly change the angle of view according to the focusing distance during movie recording.
You may be able to make fluctuations in the angle of view less noticeable through one of the following adjustments to settings:
- Setting the AF Transition Speed to a slower value.
- Setting the Aperture closer to wide open.
- Selecting a faster Shutter Speed.
- This function is only available when using a lens that is auto compensation compliant. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Depending on the lens, changes in the angle of view may not be fully adjustable even when Breathing Comp. is set to On.