This update procedure is specifically for use if the over the network update has failed and the speaker no longer works.
Failure Symptom: The indicator flashes red, and the UPDATE button flashes orange during the update. The speaker does not function. You can power the speaker on and off, but nothing else works.
- IMPORTANT: Before continuing with this procedure follow the steps on the previous page to download the update and transfer the update files to a USB storage device.
- WARNING!! Do not power off the speaker or disconnect it from the AC power outlet during the update process.
- WARNING!! Do not remove the USB storage device until the update process is complete.
- The update process usually takes about 10 minutes to complete.
- Ensure the AC adaptor (supplied) is connected to the DC IN 18 V jack of the speaker.
- Plug the AC power cord securely into an AC outlet.
- Set the NETWORK OFF/ON switch on rear of the speaker to ON.
- Press the power/standby button to power off the speaker.
- With the speaker off, insert the USB storage device into the appropriate USB slot on the rear of the speaker.
- SRS-X77: DC-OUT ONLY (USB)
- SRS-X88 & SRS-X99: USB-A
- Press the power/standby button to power on the speaker.
- After a short time, the UPDATE button starts flashing. Then the software update starts automatically.
Note: The speaker is not operational while the system is updating.
- The blinking interval and status of the UPDATE button changes according to the update progress.
- The UPDATE button automatically turns off and the speaker switches to standby or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode after the update is complete.
- Follow the steps on the previous page to check the current software version and confirm that the update successfully installed.