- How do I remove the notification icon about system software updates?
- Android™ 10
- Android 9.0 Pie
The software update notification icon is designed to appear whenever there is new system software available. You can hide the notification icon from appearing in the status bar in Xperia® devices running Android version 4.4.
In Android version 5.0 or higher it is not possible to permanently deactivate the system software update notification. You can however deactivate it temporarily. The update notification will reappear after a restart of your Xperia device, or if you search for an update manually.
Note! It is highly recommended for you to go through with software updates as it increases the overall performance and improves the security protection of the device. By updating your device to the latest available software also reduces the risk of having to hand it in for repair to a service center.
To temporarily remove the system software update notification icon
- Find and tap Settings → Apps & notifications → See all [number of apps] apps.
- Tap the menu icon (three vertical dots) → Show system.
- Find and tap Software update.
- Tap Storage → CLEAR DATA.