IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Topics covered in this article
- Can I uninstall pre-installed applications?
- How do I disable pre-installed apps?
- Android™ 9 Pie
You can't uninstall the majority of pre-installed apps in your device. Most of these apps are either developed by Sony or Google. For example, the Music, Album and Camera apps are from Sony, while Google Maps™ mapping service, Gmail™ email service, Chrome™ browser, Google Play™ Music, and the YouTube™ video service are examples of Google apps. Facebook is another app that is pre-installed in many Xperia® devices.
While you can't uninstall these apps, you can, however, disable them in certain cases. Here are more details:
- Disabled apps become inactive and are removed from the Application screen. You can re-enable a disabled app whenever you want.
- Some third-party apps can be uninstalled, even if they were pre-installed.
Disabling pre-installed applications
- Touch and hold the application icon you want to disable.
- Tap Disable.
- If Disable is not shown, tap the info icon for more options.
- Touch and hold the application you want to uninstall.
- Tap Uninstall.
- If Uninstall is not shown, tap the info icon for more options.
Enabling disabled applications
- Find and tap Settings → Apps & notifications → See all apps.
- Tap All apps → Disabled apps.
- Find and tap the app that you want to enable.
- Tap ENABLE.